Once you sign up for Reddit, you are automatically enrolled to receive all types of Reddit emails. By default, the app turns on email notifications for every message, activity, and newsletter.
Although the intent is to notify users for updates, it could get annoying at times. As a result, these emails are lost in the abyss adding clutter on your Inbox.
Whether you want to discontinue using Reddit or clean up your inbox, there is a way to stop receiving Reddit emails.
Unsubscribe Reddit From Your Email
The quickest and easiest way to stop Reddit emails is to unsubscribe directly from your email. It is a better option if you want to stop all emails from the sender at once.
Here’re the steps you need to follow.
- Open your Email Client and sign in if prompted.
- Type Reddit on the Search bar to find all Reddit emails.
- Click on any Reddit email to open it.
- Tap on the Unsubscribe button on the top left beside the Reddit icon.
- Choose the Unsubscribe option on the confirmatory dialog.
Unsubscribe Via Your Reddit Settings
If you want to stop receiving a selective Reddit email, you can opt for a Reddit website or app. You can choose to disable emails from messages, activities, or newsletters that you dislike.
The app also offers an option to unsubscribe from all emails simultaneously.
- Open your Reddit account in a browser.
- Log in if prompted.
- Click the drop-down menu on your profile icon in the top right.
- Tap on User Settings.
- Go to the Emails setting tab.
- Scroll down to Manage Emails to check the email activity you want to stop.
- Turn off the Toggle button at the left end of each category to disable it.
- To stop all kinds of email notifications, go to Unsubscribe from all email option in the end. Turn on the Toggle button.
On Mobile App
- Launch the App on your Android/iOS device. Sign in if required.
- Go to your Profile Icon on the top right of your screen.
- Select the Settings option at the bottom of the menu.
- For Android, tap on Account settings for u/<username> below General.
And for iPhone, tap on your username below Account settings.
- Choose the Manage emails option.
- Go to the criteria of the email you want to stop and turn off the Toggle button.
- On Unsubscribe from all emails, turn on the Toggle button to stop all kinds of emails.
Block Reddit Via Email Client
Blocking Reddit on email is the best option if you want to receive the email without crowding your inbox.
Once you block, Gmail will send all Reddit emails to the Spam folder. You can check spam emails whenever you want to retrieve any valuable information from Reddit emails. However, you should know that emails in the Spam folder are automatically deleted after 30 days.
- Open your Gmail account.
- Go to your Inbox on the top left and open any Reddit email.
- Click on More in the top right of the page. Select Block “Reddit.”
- A confirmation notice pops up. Tap on the Block bubble.
On Outlook Email
- Go to your Outlook email account.
- Click on the Folder option on the top left and select Inbox.
- Find a Reddit email and click it.
- Click on More actions on the top right of the email.
- Scroll down and tap on the Block.
- Select Block Reddit option.
- Click Ok on the confirmation box.
You can also block Reddit emails on desktop clients. For that, go to the Inbox and select any Reddit email. Click on the Junk icon > Block Sender option. Click Ok on the confirmation dialog.
How to Stop Reddit Emails for Old Reddit Users?
If you are someone who still uses Old Reddit, here’s how you can stop Reddit emails:
- Open your Old Reddit profile.
- Click on preferences in the top right corner.
- Scroll the options menu and go to email options.
- Tick off the type of email notifications that you want to stop.
- To stop all Reddit emails, tick on the unsubscribe from all emails.
- Click on the save options to update the change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Unblocking Reddit in Email Restore Old Reddit Emails from the Spam Folder?
No, unblocking Reddit will not automatically restore old Reddit emails from the Spam folder.
However, you can manually restore it. Click on the email you want to restore and select the Not spam option.