Reddit forums are known for genuine content and users’ anonymity. Thanks to moderators who monitor and regulate so that the discussion sticks relevant to Subreddits. Thus, if posts/comments go against the subreddit rules, they might get removed. But is there any way to get back to them?
Whether your post got removed or you deleted it by mistake, we have solutions to help you. Not only that, it’s also possible to check any deleted Reddit content so go through this article to learn how.
What Makes it Possible to Check Deleted Reddit Posts?
Most of the Reddit content is text and open to the public. This helps internet archiving services like Pushshift for more effortless and instantaneous data acquisition.
We can find several websites displaying deleted Reddit content by analyzing Pushshift’s archived Reddit data. Pushshift isn’t the only Reddit archiving service over the web. Several social media data collection or archiving platforms dump Reddit data. Similarly, Google cache is one of them that stores page history in the form of cached pages.
How to Check Deleted Reddit Posts?
Although we don’t have the option within Reddit to view deleted posts or comments, many websites and web extensions are available. You may hesitate to use these third-party sites or extensions, but they are generally legit and reliable. Let’s look at some reliable platforms to check deleted Reddit posts:
If you want to check the deleted Reddit content by the moderator, the Reveddit website will be best for you. Simply searching subreddits or users’ names on this website will load those removed contents. However, it won’t show content deleted by Redditors. Follow these steps to use this website:
- Go to the Reveddit website.
- Search with the subreddit’s name or username and hit go.
- Go through the removed contents after loading completes.
Alternatively, replace “reddit” with “reveddit” on the Reddit thread URL.
Unddit is among some websites you can use to display posts/comments removed by moderators and deleted by users. Its algorithm compares Reddit’s API with Pushshift’s API to identify deleted or modified posts/comments and display highlighting them. Follow these steps on your browser:
- Open the Reddit website.
- Go to the specific post thread or search for the user whose post you are looking for.
- Now head over to the Reddit URL and replace the “re” with “un.”
- Now hit Enter or click on the URL suggestion.
- Wait for the Unddit to load and look around to find the specific post or comment.
Alternatively, you can also follow these steps:
- Go to the Unddit website.
- Bring the Bookmark bar in the browser window by pressing Ctrl+Shift+B.
- Drag the Unddit bookmarklet to the bookmark bar.
- Now on the Reddit website, go to the deleted thread and click Unddit at the bookmark bar.
- Wait for it to load the deleted contents.
Through Wayback Machine
You can use Wayback Machine, an internet Archive service, for checking deleted Reddit posts. It keeps capturing all publicly available internet data so we can look back at past versions of websites, including Reddit.
Go through the following steps to check deleted Reddit posts using the Wayback machine:
- Go to the Wayback Machine website.
- Copy and paste the URL of the deleted content in the search bar.
- Click on Browse History.
- Now scroll down to the calendar interface.
- The blue-circled dates indicate when it captures the URL.
- Click on any older date to check how it looked then.
Through Google Cache
If the above methods didn’t help you, use Google cache to view recently deleted Reddit content. It captures the web pages regularly for better search results. If the Google cache backup the website when the content existed, you can view them following these steps:
- Copy the URL or Community Name for the deleted content.
- Paste it to the Google Search bar and click on the search icon.
- Navigate to the link you want from the search results.
- Click on the three dots.
- Now click on Cached in the About this result prompt.
There is a quick alternative to load cached pages:
- Click on the URL bar and replace the “HTTPS” with “cache.”
- Now press Enter, and the cached page will load.