Over time, your preferences and interests might change, and it’s normal to unfollow someone if you’re not enjoying their content. Thankfully, TikTok makes it easy to unfollow any user on the app.
So, lets us dive into learning how you can unfollow TikTok users from your account.
How to Unfollow on Tiktok?
Here is a step-by-step guide on unfollowing a user on TikTok.
- Open your TikTok app and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the user’s profile who you would like to Unfollow.
- Tap on the Person Icon right next to the message option.
- You have now successfully unfollowed a user on TikTok.
How to Quickly Unfollow on Tiktok?
You can also quickly unfollow people on TikTok through your Profile Page. Here is how you can do it.
- Open your TikTok app.
- Click on the Profile icon on the bottom-right corner of the app.
- Tap on your Following option.
- All the users you have followed on your account will appear in the section.
- Tap on the Following button next to the user to unfollow the user.
Note: Please be aware that excessively unfollowing accounts might get you shadowbanned from TikTok.
How to Unfollow Everyone on Tiktok?
Sometimes, it might be hard to manually unfollow all users if you have large a following number on your account. A quick fix to this problem is to use third-party applications.
Apps like FuelTok and Jarvee are perfect for decluttering your following list. But, these apps only work in certain time intervals to avoid getting shadowbanned from the app.
How to Unfollow Banned Accounts on Tiktok?
Here is a quick and easy process on how you can unfollow banned accounts from your TikTok account.
- Open your TikTok app and log in.
- Head over the Profile and select your Following section.
- Type in Tik Toker in the search box.
- A number of accounts will appear.
- Tap on these Profiles and click on the Following button to unfollow the account.
Why Can’t I Unfollow a User on My Tiktok Account?
TikTok might not let you unfollow a user if you have exceeded the amount of unfollowing limit on your account. Usually, you are only allowed to unfollow 150-200 profiles per day. So, you will have to wait until TikTok lets you unfollow accounts back again.
Also, unfollowing profiles in bulks might result in TikTok assuming that the account is managed by a Robot. To fix this issue, head over to the app settings and click on the Manage your account option. You can change the password to prove to the app that you are an actual human.
Sometimes, corrupted caches files might also interrupt if you’re unfollowing accounts. Please make sure regularly clear out your cache files to avoid such issues.
An outdated app might be prone to system glitches and bugs errors. It can also result in certain functions being unavailable. So, head onto your App/Play store and update your app to the latest version. If the fix doesn’t work, try reinstalling the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
If You Unfollow Someone on Tiktok Will They Know?
TikTok will not notify you if someone has unfollowed your account. But, you can check by viewing your follower’s lists. However, this might depend upon the number of followers on your account.
If you have a small number of followers, it might be easier for you to know by navigating through your profile. But, if you have a significantly high number of followers, you might find it hard to check who has unfollowed you on the app.
Why Did Tiktok Unfollow Everyone?
Many users have issued a complaint that their accounts show that they don’t follow anyone on the app. Although Tiktok has not officially ruled out a statement for this issue, many users have condemned that it was caused due to a technical glitch in the system and not done intentionally.
Users have said that after facing this issue, it eventually gets resolved automatically, and accounts will go back to normal.
If You Follow and Unfollow Someone Quickly, Would They Get Notified?
If you have accidentally followed and quickly unfollowed a person on the app, people might still get notifications if they are on the app. But, if you head onto the activity bar, you won’t receive any notifications about who just followed/unfollowed you.
What Happens if You Unfollow Someone on Tiktok?
If you have unfollowed a user on your TikTok profile, the user will be removed from your following list. You will not see any of their recent videos on your following tab. Also, you will no longer be able to send direct messages to the user.
How to Remove Follower on TikTok?
If you want to remove a specific follower from your account, here is how you can do it.
- Open your TikTok app and log in.
- Head over to the Profile icon on the bottom-left corner.
- Go to your Followers section.
- Tap on the user you want to remove.
- Tap on the three-dotted icon next to the Follw Back/Friends option.
- Click on the Remove this Follower option.
How to Block a User on Tiktok?
Sometimes, if you longer want to see a particular user’s videos appear on TikTok, you can try blocking their account. Here are some steps you can follow.
- Open your TikTok and Log in.
- Head over to the user profile you would like to block.
- Click on the three-dotted icon on the top-right corner.
- Select the Block option.