The disadvantages of the Like count on Instagram outweigh the advantages. Fortunately, Instagram has a feature that disables your likes and views on posts.
So, in this article, let us learn more about how to hide likes and views on posts while you’re posting, on your existing posts, and also on other accounts appearing on your home page.
Why Hide Public Like Counts on Instagram?
While the Like option has benefits like seeing how posts perform, it can also get addictive. Primarily, Instagram introduced this feature to give more control to its users. Now, you have both the options to disable/enable like and view counts on your profile.
How to turn off likes on your Instagram Posts?
There are two methods of turning off likes and views on your posts. Here is a step-by-step guide explaining both the process.
How to turn off likes before you post?
You have the option to disable your likes before you make a post on the app. Here is how you can do it.
Note: You will still see the likes and views on your photo/video. But, it won’t automatically appear on your posts.
- Open your Instagram and log in.
- Click on the + icon at the bottom of your screen to create a New Post.
- Choose or take a photo that you would like to upload.
- Click on the Next button.
- You can also edit and add filters to your photo.
- Click on Next again.
- On the bottom of the page, tap on Advanced Settings.
- Turn on the toggle for Hide Like and View Counts on this post.
How to turn off likes on your existing post?
If you have already posted a photo/video to your account, you can follow these steps to disable the likes option from your existing post.
- Launch your Instagram and log in.
- Go to the post which you want to hide the likes and views.
- Tap on the three-dotted lines on the top right-hand side.
- Click on the Hide like count option.
How to turn off likes on other accounts?
If you longer want to see likes and views from other Instagram accounts that show up on your feed, then here is what you can do.
- Open your Instagram app and Log in.
- On the bottom-right corner, tap on your User icon.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines on the top-right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Tap on the Privacy option.
- Under the Interactions section, tap on Posts.
- Under Likes and Views, turn the toggle on for Hide Likes and Views Counts.
Why can’t I hide my likes on Instagram?
In some cases, you might not have access to hide likes on your posts if you have an outdated app version. To update the app, head over to your App/Play Store and search for Instagram. Click on the update option. This method might help in accessing the option.
You can also try logging in and out of your account and perform a quick reboot of your mobile device. If there are bugs and errors on the current version of the app, reinstalling the app might help fix the issue.
If you still can’t access the feature, you can try reporting the problem on Instagram. Here is how you can do it.
- Go to Settings and navigate to the Help section.
- Tap on Report a Problem and select the Something isn’t working option.
- Give a brief explanation about your problem.
- You can also upload photos for proof.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to turn off Instagram likes on your PC?
Sadly, this feature is not available on your PC. You can only turn off Instagram likes and views from your mobile devices.
Can You Still See How Many Likes You Get on Your Own Instagram Posts?
Yes. If you tap on Liked by, you can still see the number of people who have viewed and liked your posts.
If you hide likes on Instagram can others see it?
No, your followers will not have the option to view the number of likes or views that you have received on your posts.
How can I hide activity status on Instagram?
Here is a step-by-step process on how you can hide or disable your activity status on Instagram.
- Navigate and open your Instagram app.
- Go to the user icon located in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines on the top corner.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Tap on Privacy.
- Scroll down and click on Activity Status.
- Turn the toggle off for the Show Activity Status option.
Note: If you have disabled this feature, you will also not see who has been active on the app.
How to hide likes on Instagram Video?
Here is how you can hide likes on your Instagram Video.
- Open your Instagram and Log in.
- Go to the video you would like to hide your likes.
- Navigate to the top-right corner and click on the three horizontal dots.
- Click on the Hide Like and view counts.
How to hide likes on Instagram business account?
Even if you are on a Business account, you can still hide your likes on the app. You can follow the same steps mentioned above for hiding your likes and view counts.
How to hide likes on Instagram Reels?
You can follow these steps to hide likes on your Instagram Reels.
- Head over to your Instagram app and log in.
- Go to your Instagram Reels tab on your profile.
- Click on the three-dotted icon on your post.
- Tap on the Hide like and view count option.
How to increase/grow likes on instagram?
Consistency is crucial if you are trying to increase your likes and following. You can also create a scheduled plan for your posts based on your follower’s activity on the app.
We suggest that you promote your content by cross-posting on different platforms. You can also utilize your content by using popular and relevant hashtags on your posts.