If you’re working on a project with a team presenting your work or collaborating on a document, sharing your screen is a great way to get everyone on the same page.
Whether you work from home or in the office, you will need to share your screen with colleagues on Microsoft Teams at some point. But, what exactly is sharing screen on teams? And how to do it right?
In this guide, we have compiled several methods to share screens on teams and the ways to fix the problem of screen sharing.
How to Share Your Screen on Microsoft Teams
There is only one way to share your screen on Microsoft teams. It works on both PC and android phones. Let’s take a look at how to do it.
Using the Share Screen Feature From the Conference Video Call
To use the share screen feature from the conference video call, follow these steps.
For PC Users
To share your screen using the share screen feature right in the conference video call from your PC, follow these steps.
- Join the Meeting.
- Click on the Share button on the top-right of the screen. Or you can also use the shortcut key Ctrl + Shift + E instead.
- Click on Screen.
In most devices, a red border will be applied to your monitor indicating that the screen sharing has started and that your screen is currently being shared.
Moreover, you can share your screen only limiting to a certain window or a certain program. To only share a certain window or program, follow these steps.
- Join the Meeting.
- Click on the Share button on the top-right of the screen. Or you can also use the shortcut key Ctr l+ Shift + E instead.
- Click on Window.
- Select the Window you want to share.
Keep in mind that, you will need to open the window or the program first to be able to do this.
For Mobile Users
To share your screen using the share screen feature right in the conference video call from your mobile device, follow these steps.
- On the Meeting screen, tap on the three dots.
- Tap on Share.
- Tap on the Share screen option.
How to Fix Screen Share Not Working on Teams
If you’ve been trying to share your screen on Microsoft Teams and it’s not working, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue. First, check that you have the most up-to-date version of Teams. If you’re on an older version, you may need to update it in order to share your screen. Let’s discuss the fixes in more detail.
Make Sure You Have Permission to Share Screen
If you are not the admin of the meeting, you can not just share your screen unless the admin has allowed so. Ask the admin of the meeting to grant you access to share your screen and hit the share screen button.
To clear Microsoft Team’s cache, follow these steps.
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
%appdata%\Microsoft\Teamsin the command box.
- Hit Enter.
- From the folder that opens, select all and Delete them.
Please note that you may have problems deleting some files. In that case, you can skip them. After the files have been deleted, restart your device and check if the problem is solved. If the issue still persists, try this next step.
Update Your Teams Application
To update your Microsoft Team app, follow these steps.
- Open the Teams application.
- Click on the three dots on the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on the Check for updates option.
If an update is available, the auto-installation of the updated version should begin.
If the auto-installation process does not work, which happens sometimes, you can manually update Microsoft Teams by downloading the setup file from Microsoft’s official website. If you know that an update is available but the auto-update is not working, follow these steps.
- Go to www.microsoft.com/en-ww/microsoft-teams/download-app.
- Click on the Download for desktop button.
- After the download is completed, open the setup file.
- Complete the installation.
- Go to PlayStore or Appstore.
- Search for Teams from the search bar.
- Click on Teams.
- Tap on the Update option if available.
Update Your Operating System
To update your device’s Operating System, follow these steps.
- Go to the start menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Click on Update if an update is available.
Adjust Your Screen Resolution
To adjust your screen resolution, follow these steps.
- Right-click on your Desktop.
- Click on Display settings.
- Under Scale and Layout, tone down your Screen resolution.
Use Supported Browsers
Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browser must be your choice of the browser if you are using the web version of Microsoft Teams. The Microsoft Teams application is optimized for the two websites the most. It is not that you can not use Microsoft Teams via other browsers but to avoid screen sharing issues, it’s best to use Chrome or Microsoft Edge.