With the recent update, Google Slides lets you insert GIFs and stickers directly into your presentations. You can also customize the GIF on your PC and upload it as an image to the desired slide.
To use the common GIFs, you must search the Web and insert them directly or as a URL.
Users can also put GIFs stored in Google Drive or Photos too. This method is more feasible for inserting GIF files or folders shared through these platforms.
Put Default Google Slides GIF
Here’s how you can add the default GIFs available on Google Slides to your presentation files.
- Launch Google Slides.
- Put your cursor on a desired spot on the slide.
- Click on the Insert tab and expand the Image option. Select GIFs and stickers.
- Search the desired GIF on the search bar. Click on the Filter icon and choose GIFs.
- Click to select the GIF and tap on Insert.
- Resize and move the GIF to a preferred location.
Put a Customized GIF
You can create a customized GIF on your PC or phone and then upload it to Google Slides.
- Go to Google Slides.
- Click on the Insert tab and expand the Image option. Select Upload from computer.
- Choose the GIF saved on your PC and tap on Open.
- The GIF will load to the slide. Resize and place it where you want.
Put GIF from Web
Users can download and insert readily available GIFs from the Web or insert them as a URL. However, you must check and obtain usage rights for such web content.
- Open your Google Slides.
- Place your cursor where you want to put GIFs.
- Click on the Insert tab and expand the Image option.
- Select any of the following options:
- Search the web: Search for a GIF on the web. Choose one and select Insert.
- By URL: Copy the URL of a GIF with the user license and paste it. Then, Click on INSERT IMAGE.
- Resize the GIF by dragging its corners.
Put GIF Saved on Google Cloud
If you have saved a GIF file on your Google Drive or Google Photos, you can put it on Google Slides. Follow the steps to learn how.
- Open the Google Slide on which you want to insert GIF.
- Click on Insert and tap the Image menu.
- Select any of the options:
- Drive: Choose GIF on your Google Drive and tap Insert.
- Photos: Select a GIF saved in Google Photos and click Insert.
- As the GIF uploads drag to reposition. Extend the borders to resize.
How to Put Custom GIF in the Google Slides App?
Although the GIF feature isn’t yet available on the Slides app for mobile, you can insert a custom-made GIF on the Slides mobile app.
- Open the Slides app on Android or iOS.
- Click open your presentation slide. Put your cursor on the desired location and tap on the Insert icon.
- Expand Image option.
- Tap on From photos.
- Choose the GIF you made on your Phone. Tap on Select.
- The GIF appears on your slide.
- Resize the GIF or make other image adjustments. Then, click on the Check symbol at the top left.
How to Put GIF as a Background in Google Slides?
You can also put a GIF as your presentation background in Google Slides using Theme builder.
- Open Google Slides.
- Hover over the toolbar and tap on Background.
- If you don’t see the option, go to the View tab and select Theme builder. The toolbar will pop out.
- On a new dialog, click on Choose image.
- Select either of the options:
- Upload: Insert a GIF from your computer. Select the option, click on Browse, then choose a GIF and tap Open.
- Photos: Insert a GIF saved to Google Photos. Choose the option, select a GIF, and click on Insert.
- Google Drive: Insert a GIF shared or saved on Google Drive. Tap on the option, then choose a GIF then click Insert.
- Google Images: Insert GIFs from the web. Click on the option and search for a GIF. Tap to select and choose Insert.
- Tap on Add to theme to use the GIF as a background for all slides.
- Click on Done.