Going Live on TikTok is a great way to interact and engage with new and existing followers. However, there might be limitations like age restrictions and follower count that might cause the live option to not appear on your account.
So, in this article, let’s discuss and learn about how to go live on TikTok, its eligibility criteria, and more.
How to Go Tiktok Live on Your Mobile Devices?
You can easily go live on Tiktok through any mobile device by following these simple steps.
- Open your TikTok and log in to your account.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon at the bottom of the screen.
- From the bottom menu, tap on the Live option.
- Give your TikTok live a Name.
- Click on the Live button again to go live and start interacting with people.
How to Go Live With Someone on Tiktok?
The co-host feature on TikTok allows you to invite other users and go live together. Here is how you enable this feature.
- Open TikTok and log in to your account.
- Tap on the + icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Scroll and select the Live option.
- Tap on the Go Live button.
- From your Livestream screen, tap on the Co-host icon on the bottom-left corner.
- Click on the Invite button next to the user.
- You will now have to wait until the user accepts your Live Request.
How to Request to Join a Live on Tiktok?
If you want to request to join an existing TikTok Live, here is how to do so.
- Open your TikTok app and log in to your account.
- Go to the Explore page, and search for the TikTok live you want to join.
- Once you are in the Live, click on the Co-Host icon.
- Tap on the Request button.
- Once the person has accepted your live request, you can now join their Livestream.
Note: If you cannot see the Request for Live option, the creator might have disabled the function on their settings.
How Many Followers to Go Live on Tiktok?
While it is easy to go live on other social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, you can only access the live feature on Tiktok if you have a minimum of 1000 followers on your account.
TikTok has set this 1000 follower benchmark to regulate the content shared with the users. After reaching the thousand follower milestone, TikTok hopes users are more familiar with the app and are aware of following their community guidelines.
When Can I Go Live on Tiktok?
Even if you have 1000 followers on your Tiktok account, you might still not have access to the live feature because of age restrictions. Only accounts who have set their profile age of over 16 and above have access to going live on the app.
If you have recently reached the 1000 follower mark or finally turned 16, then the Live feature may not automatically appear. You might need to wait a couple of days for TikTok to update and enable this feature on your account.
How to Go Live on Tiktok Without 1000 Followers?
If you have less than 1000 followers on your account but still wish to go live on your account, then here is what you can do.
- Open your TikTok app and log in.
- Go to the ‘Profile’ icon on the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Navigate to the top-right corner and click on the three horizontal dots.
- Scroll down and under the Support section, click on Report a Problem.
- Click on I can’t start a Live from the list of options.
- In the ‘Is your problem solved section’, click on No.
- Tap on still has a problem.
- Give short feedback on your problem.
- Click on the Report button.
How to Go Live on Tiktok When You Are Banned?
If you have been banned from going Live on TikTok, it might be because you have violated the terms and conditions set by the app. If that is not the case, you can contact TikTok Support and Report the Problem. You can also send a detailed description of your issue.
Add a Moderator to Your Tiktok Live
In TikTok, you have the option of adding multiple moderators to your Live. These users make it easy to manage your Live stream. They have the option to block, report, and mute users on Live.
Here are some steps you can follow.
- Log in to your TikTok account.
- Tap on the + icon on the button.
- Choose the Live option.
- From the right side, click on the Settings icon.
- Select the Moderations option.
- Tap on the Add User icon on the top-right screen.
What Are Gifts on Tiktok Live?
Gifts on TikTok are animated icons that you can send to your favorite creators to appreciate their content.
But first, you will have to buy some coins from TikTok’s in-app store. Once the coins are added to your account, you can shop for gifts at the TikTok store.
The creators can then receive these gifts when they go on Live. Here is how you can send a gift on TikTok Live.
- Head over to TikTok and go to the Livestream.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on the Gift icon.
- Select the Gift you would like to give.
Note: From the TikTok guidelines, you should be 18 or over to send gifts.
How to Block Someone From Tiktok Live?
If you’re the moderator on your TikTok live, you can easily block certain users. Let’s have a look at the steps you can follow.
- Go to your TikTok Live.
- Tap on the user’s icon you would like to block.
- From the window, click on Manage.
- Choose the Block Option.
Why Cant I Go Live on Tiktok?
Other than your age and follower restriction set by the app, there might be some more causes why TikTok live might not work on your device.
Here is a list of causes that may cause the issue to arise.
- Unstable Internet Connection.
- Outdated TikTok application
- Bugs and errors on your mobile device or app.
How to Fix Tiktok Live Not Working?
Before we head onto the following fixes, we suggest that you close and re-open your TikTok application. Please make sure that the app is not running in the background. Sometimes, a quick reboot on your mobile devices might help solve your issues.
But, if you are still unable to join the Live, here are some more fixes you can apply.
Update TikTok Application
Sometimes, if you have an outdated app, new features like the Live option might not be available. So, we suggest that you regularly update the app to its latest version. To do so, go to your App/Play Store and head over to the TikTok app. Click on the Update button next to the app.
Check Internet Connection
You might face issues in your Live if you have an unstable internet connection. Please be sure to check your internet connectivity on other websites and applications.
If you are sure that the problem is the internet connection, we suggest that you try turning your router off and on or switching to your mobile’s cellular data.
Uninstall and Reinstall Your App
In some instances, your current version of the app might contain a few bugs and errors that might create hindrances for going live on TikTok. So, you can try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it back from your App/Play store.
Contact TikTok Help
If the above fixes still do not help, you can head to TikTok Help Centre to resolve your issues. Here is the troubleshooting method that it suggests.
- Open your app and log in.
- Navigate to your Profile at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the three horizontal dotted icons at the top right corner.
- Click on the Report a Problem option.
- From the ‘Is your problem solved section’, select No.
- Tap on Need more help and explain your problem.
- Finally Hit Report.
Note: TikTok usually resolves the issue between 24-48 Hours.
How to Check My Tiktok Analytics?
Checking out your TikTok live Analytics gives you an overview of your overall Live performance, impact, and the number of reaches your Lives are gaining.
Here is how you can check your Live Analytics.
- Head over to your TikTok Profile.
- From the upper-right corner, tap in the three-horizontal lines.
- Under the Account section, tap on Creator Tools.
- From the General section, click on Analytics.
- Switch to the Live tab.
- Now, you can view your Live Analytics based upon 7 or 28 days.
Can I get paid from Tiktok live?
With TikTok live, you can engage and increase your following on the app. In addition to this, you also have the chance to earn money through the Live feature.
While going on Live, users can send you Gifts that equate to money. But, users will have to buy TikTok coins from the built-in app store of the app.
After you have collected the coins, you can convert them into diamonds, which you can then convert into money. You can withdraw the money by using your PayPal account.
Note: You can only withdraw money if you have collected $100 worth of coins on your account.
How to Grow Followers on Tiktok Through Live?
Here are some helpful tips you can apply to grow followers through your Live.
- Promote Live: Before you go Live, you can promote and cross-post the Live on different social platforms. If you have a significant following on Instagram, you can create a specific post or story about when you go on TikTok Live.
- Catchy Headlines: Sometimes, your Live might come under the For You page of the app. So, to entice the audience, we suggest that you always come up with a catchy title and description.
- Interact with Audience: You can try interacting with the audience by hosting a quick Q&A session or giving them special shoutouts. Try to engage with the audience by replying to their comments. You can also even make them join your Live.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to End TikTok Live?
To exit out of your TikTok Live, you can head over to the X icon located at the top-left corner of your screen.
How long can you stream on TikTok Live?
TikTok does not have any set time limitations for its Live streams. So, you can go on Live as much you want.
What is the best time to go Live on TikTok?
You can view your TikTok Live Analytics to check the perfect time on going Live on TikTok. Most preferably, users are active during early mornings or late evenings. We also recommend that you frequently go Live during the weekends.
How to rewatch and download TikTok live videos?
TikTok allows you the option to rewatch and download your TikTok live videos. To access your Live Videos, head over to the Settings and Privacy section and select the Live Replay option.
You will have the options to choose between replay, download, or delete the Live.
Can you mute yourself on TikTok Live?
No. TikTok does not allow the mute feature on Live because they want people to have a good user experience and interaction on live streams.