As a YouTube creator, you would have several reasons to delete a video from the platform. You could’ve accidentally uploaded a different video, or the older videos you uploaded may no longer be relevant.
YouTube offers the feature of deleting videos on mobile devices, which will take you less than a minute. If you are in a situation where you’ve decided to remove YouTube videos from your phone, you can read this article to learn more about the process.
How to Delete YouTube Videos For YouTube Creators?
You have a couple of different ways to delete videos from your phone. You can use the YouTube app or the YouTube Studio app to remove videos. Once deleted from the platform, the videos are lost forever. So, you may want to consider other options, such as changing the privacy of your videos before deleting videos on YouTube.
However, if the video you wish to remove is uploaded on someone else channel, then you must issue a copyright removal request via the Copyright Complaint form. The request form ensures that the content that you wish to remove is reviewed by Youtube and removed if it’s deemed so.
Delete Videos From Your Channel
Deleting a video from your channel will permanently remove the total view, comments and watch time from the video.
- Launch the YouTube app on your phone.
- Switch to the Library tab.
- Select Your videos.
- Tap the three dots icon beside a video you want to delete.
- Select the Delete option.
- Confirm the prompt by tapping on Delete.
Delete Video From YouTube Studio
The YouTube Studio app is designed for content creators to get insight into their channel. You can delete videos from the studio app if you cannot remove them from the YouTube app.
Head over to the Google Play Store or the AppStore and download the YouTube Studio app.
- Launch the YouTube Studio app.
- Switch to the Content tab.
- Select the three dots icon beside a video.
- Tap on the Delete option.
- Confirm the prompt by selecting Delete from YouTube.
Make Youtube Videos Private
Making your videos private is a great alternative to deleting your videos. This ensures that all the views, comments, likes, and dislikes are kept intact without being visible to the general public. You can make video private via the mobile app by following the steps:
- Launch the Youtube app.
- Tap on Library.
- Select Your Videos.
- Tap the three dots icon beside a video and select Edit.
- Open Visibility.
- Select the Private option.
- Navigate back and hit Save.
How to Delete Playlists in the YouTube App?
You can quickly delete custom playlists created on your channel through the Youtube app. You can find the option to delete the playlist in itself.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Switch to the Library tab and open a playlist.
- Tap the three dots icon at the top right corner.
- Select Delete Playlist.
- Tap on Delete to confirm the prompt.