Once you create a PDF file, you cannot make changes to it. You can only do so once you convert the file to Word. Although there are also several other online websites that can convert PDF files to many other formats, MS Word and Adobe Acrobat are the most used apps to do this conversion.
Note: While a PDF itself might be well formatted, it is important to note that once you convert it into Word, you might lose the original page-to-page correspondence.
Using Microsoft Word
The easiest way to convert a PDF to Word is with Microsoft Word. You can easily open a PDF file with Word and even edit it. You can do it on PC as well as mobile. Follow these steps to do so.
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Go to Open. You can also press Ctrl + O.
- Select a folder where the PDF file is and double-click on the PDF file you want to open.
- Click the OK button.
- After the PDF file opens in a Word document format, go to File > Save As.
- Choose a location where you want to save the file and give it a name. Then press Save.
Alternatively, you can use the drag-and-drop method to do this. Just open Microsoft Word to the home page and drag and drop your PDF file onto this page. Then follow steps 4 to 6.
- Go to the Microsoft Office app.
- Go to the Folder icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Browse to the location of the PDF file.
- Tap on the file you want.
- Click on the three vertical dots and select Convert to Word.
Using Adobe Acrobat
You can use Adobe Acrobat to open a PDF file and then export it as a Word document. Please note that you need to purchase the software first and log in to your account. Then, you can follow these steps to do so.
- Go to the Adobe Acrobat app.
- Go to File > Open.
- Select where the PDF file is and double-click on the file.
- Go to Tools > Export PDF.
- Click on Microsoft Word and then Word Document.
- Click the Export button.
- Select a location where you want to store the Word document.
- Give this file a name and press the Save button.