Your profile picture in TikTok can help you create a good impression among your audiences. If you’ve been on TikTok for a while, you may need to update your profile picture.
You can change your profile picture on both PC and Mobile but the mobile offers additional features over PC. On Mobile, you can also set a video as an animated profile picture.
Note: For TikTok profile picture, your image size should be at least 20 x 20 pixels and the video should be no longer than six seconds.
You can use either an image or a video as your TikTok profile picture in the mobile app.
- Launch the TikTok app.
- Switch to your Profile section.
- Tap on Edit profile.
- Select either the Change photo or the Change video option.
- Choose a source of the photo.
- Select the photo or video that you want to upload.
- Crop the image or trim the video and hit Save.
As TikTok is primarily a mobile-based platform, the features on the web version are a bit more limited. Currently, you cannot set a video as an animated profile picture on a PC. You’re only allowed to upload the standard image formats as your profile picture.
- Visit TikTok on your web browser and log in with your account.
- Hover on your profile icon and select View profile.
- Click on the Edit profile button.
- Click on your Profile photo icon.
- Navigate to the photo location and double-click on it.
- Adjust the photo’s aspect ratio via the Zoom slider and hit Apply.
- Click the Save button.