Snapchat is not only limited to sending snaps and making streaks on the app. With the addition of the Public Profile feature, you can create original and unique content that quickly helps you get discovered on the app.
So, in this article, let’s learn how you can make a public profile, its eligibility criteria, and the additional features you can access through the profile.
What Is Public Profile in Snapchat?
A Public Profile on Snapchat helps you get a chance to be discovered and increase your fan following. This feature was previously only for influencers and celebrities, but now, anyone can make a public profile through the app.
What Are the Features of a Public Profile?
Here are some of the features you can enjoy if you create a Public Profile on Snapchat.
- Snapchat Users can subscribe to your profile.
- You can showcase your subscriber count.
- Add and customize your profile by adding Highlights.
- Get a chance to feature on Spotlight Search.
How to Create a Public Profile on Snapchat?
After you have configured your settings and have access to the feature, here is how you can create a public profile on Snapchat.
- Open up the Snapchat app on your device.
- Navigate to the top-left corner and click on your User Profile.
- Under the Public Profile section, tap on the Create Public Profile option.
- Alternatively, you can also scroll down and click on the three dots next to the Add to Spotlight option.
- Click on Create Public Profile.
- Tap on Continue> Get Started> Create.
Now that you have created your Public Profile, you can edit and personalize by adding a profile picture and a 150 characters bio to stand out.
How Can I Be Eligible for a Public Profile on Snapchat?
Before Snapchat allows you to make a public profile, Snapchat needs verification proof and your permissions in the settings.
Here is the list of requirements you should follow to create a Public Profile on the app.
- Update your app to the latest version to access new features like creating a Public Profile.
- Make sure you have set your profile age to 18 or above.
- Your Snapchat account needs to exist for at least 24 hours.
- You must have sent and received snaps from a Snapchat user.
- See that your account has at least one or more bi-directional friends.
- Verify your email and phone number on the app.
- Set your profile settings to Public.
How to Configure Your Snapchat Account to Public Settings
Sometimes, configuring your account to a public setting might help you in accessing the Create a Public Profile feature.
Here is a step-by-step guide for going public on Snapchat.
- Open up your Snapchat and Log in.
- Head over to your User Profile or click on your Bit-emoji.
- Tap on the Settings option in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to the Who Can section.
- Tap on the Contact Me and select Everyone.
- Head back and tap on View my Story.
- Select the Everyone option.
- Lastly, enable the toggle for ‘Show me in Quick Add’.
Contact Snapchat Support
You can also send a support request to Snapchat for acquiring the Public Profile option. Here is a breakdown of the process.
- Tap on the User icon and select the Settings option from the top-right corner.
- Under the Support section, click on the I Need Help option.
- Type in Public Profile in the search box.
- Select the Public Profile and Creator Account FAQ option.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the Learn more about Public Profiles.
- At the bottom, click on the Public Profile feature here.
- Click on Public Profiles again.
- Tap on the Public Profile features once again.
- Click on Creator Accounts.
- Select the Creator Account features here.
- Under the Activity section, click on Contact us about your Public Profile.
- Select the My Public Profile option.
- Fill out your username, email, mobile number, and all the other requirements.
- Finally, tap on the Send button.
After you submit the request, we suggest you wait for a couple of hours until the Snapchat team gets back to you with a follow-up email.
How to Grow My Public Profile on Snapchat?
You can start growing your subscribers by being consistent and regularly posting snaps on your Public Profile. You can create and plan your snaps ahead of time to get your audience interacting with your content.
Learning how to edit your snaps is always a bonus. Since people care about the aesthetic of pictures and videos, we suggest that you always upload high-quality and well-edited snaps on your public profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Won’t Snapchat Let Me Make a Public Profile?
You might not be able to create a public profile if you don’t meet all the requirements. So, check if you have set your profile age under 18. Also, make sure that your account is active and has existed for at least more than 24 hours.
Can I Check if Someone Has Viewed My Public Profile?
Sadly, you cannot see if someone has viewed your Public profile. You can only check this option on your Snapchat stories.
How Do I Delete My Public Profile on Snapchat?
If you longer want to use your public profile, you have the option to delete it. Here are some steps you can follow.
- Head over to the User Settings and tap on your public profile.
- Navigate to the gear icon on the top-right of your screen.
- Select the Delete Public Profile option.
- Hit the Delete button again to confirm your action.