Do you no longer want an audience to your Facebook Page but don’t want to delete it either? In situations like that, you can always unpublish your page.
When you unpublish a page, no Facebook user, aside from the admins and users with some role assigned to that page, can view the page. However, only the admins have access to unpublish a Facebook page.
This feature can also come in handy if you want to make reformations on your page without letting your followers know. You can make any changes while it’s hidden. Let’s learn how to unpublish a page on Facebook in just a few steps.
How to Unpublish a Page on Facebook?
When you unpublish your Facebook page, neither do any posts/comments get deleted, nor do you lose fans and followers. Here’s how you can unpublish a page on Facebook on different devices.
Note: Some newly created inactive pages might get listed as unpublished due to their idleness.
- Open Facebook.
- Log into your account if you haven’t already.
- Tap the Page option on the Menu tab.
- Once in the Page tab, select the published page you want to unpublish.
- Swipe left the icons below the page name and tap More.
- go to the Edit Page tab under Page Controls.
- select Settings.
- Tap on General and scroll down to the Page Visibility section.
- Select the Unpublish option.
- Launch Facebook.
- Log into your Facebook account and go to the Menu tab.
- Tap the Pages option.
- Select the page you want to Delete.
- Swipe left the icons below the page name and tap on More.
- Tap on the Edit Page option.
- Go to Settings and select General on the menu.
- Scroll down to Page Visibility.
- Tap the Unpublish option.
- Open Facebook on your web browser.
- Log into your account and go to the Home page.
- Click the Page option on the menu on the left.
- Select the page you want to delete and click it.
- Click on the Settings option on the left to open the settings menu.
- Go to the Page Visibility section and click on Page Unpublished.
- Click on Save Changes.
- Click Next on the Confirmation box and select Unpublish.
To republish your page, follow the same steps as instructed above and select the Publish option instead of Unpublish on the Page Visibility section.
How to Deactivate or Delete a Facebook Page?
When you delete your page on Facebook, it remains an unpublished or deactivated page for fourteen days. After those two weeks, your page gets deleted permanently from Facebook. Since we have already discussed unpublishing a page, let’s see how to delete or deactivate a page on Facebook. The following steps are similar for all devices.
- Open Facebook and log into your account.
- Tap on your Profile icon on the Home page.
- Click on See All Profiles.
- Select the Page you want to delete or deactivate.
- Click your Page icon and select the Settings & Privacy option.
- Go to Privacy from the menu.
- Tap on Facebook Page Information.
- Click on View right beside Deactivation and Deletion.
- Select the Delete Page option if you want to permanently delete your page, or choose Deactivate Page if you’re going to take a break for a week or so.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Enter your Facebook Password if asked.