Most file exchange services like iMessage have size constraints. These constraints cause issues sending larger files, such as long videos. While you could always trim the videos to decrease the file size, there may be instances you would want to send the complete video from your iPhone.
Default applications such as AirDrop allow you to send files between Apple devices. However, you will need to use other applications to send longer videos from an iPhone to non-Apple devices. In this article, we’ve gathered methods to send longer videos from an iPhone on all devices, so keep reading!
How to Send Long Videos on iPhone?
On iPhone, you can essentially use its in-built features like iCloud Link, Airdrop, and MailDrop to send lengthy videos. Or alternatively, you can also share the videos by using Google apps like Google Drive and Google Photos.
Via iCloud Link
You can’t send a video larger than 100MB via iMessage. So, you can use iCloud Link to send long videos on this platform. iCloud Link allows you to send a high-quality video without worrying about the file size. You can also use one iCloud link to share single or multiple videos.
Refer to the steps below to share long videos on your iPhone through the iCloud Link.
- Go to Photos.
- Tap on the Select option.
- Select one or multiple videos of your choice.
- Tap on the Share icon.
- Press Copy iCloud Link.
- Now, paste that link to an iMessage.
Apple’s Airdrop feature allows you to share files of any size with nearby Apple devices. You can use this feature to share long videos with original quality. However, this feature is only limited to Apple devices. This feature doesn’t work with devices like Android or Windows.
Before you begin, ensure you and the recipient both turn on your Bluetooth and change your Airdrop settings to “Everyone.” following these steps
Step 1: Setting Up AirDrop
Refer to the steps below to set up Airdrop.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Turn On the Bluetooth.
- Now, head back to Settings.
- Scroll down and press General.
- Tap on the AirDrop.
- Select Everyone.
Step 2: Sending Video
After you set up AirDrop, follow the steps below to send videos.
- Open Photos.
- Press Select.
- Tap on one or multiple videos.
- Press on the Share icon.
- Tap on Airdrop.
- Now, press on your Recipient’s device.
Via Mail Drop
Since email attachments can only be 20 MB in size, you can use the Mail Drop feature to bypass the size limit of up to 5GB. Mail Drop is an in-built feature that allows you to send long videos via Mail. The recipient gets the videos as an attachment that they can also download. However, the quality of the video can sometimes be affected.
To send a video via Mail Drop, follow the steps below.
- Head to Email.
- Compose your Email by writing down the subject and the recipient’s email address.
- Press on the Arrow icon.
- Tap on the Photos option.
- Select a video you want to Mail Drop (you can only Mail Drop one video at a time).
- If the video is more than 20 MB, a pop-up box appears.
- Tap the Use Mail Drop option.
- After the video uploads, press Send icon.
Via Google Drive
When sending large video files from your iPhone, Google Drive is another alternative you can use. It is a cloud-based storage app that can store files up to 15GB in size. If you exceed the storage limit, you can always purchase more. You can also share the uploaded files in Google Drive via Gmail.
- Launch the Google Drive app.
- Tap on the Plus icon.
- Press the Upload option.
- Hit on the Photos and Videos option.
- Select the video you want to share.
- Press Upload.
- Once the video is uploaded, scroll down and find the video.
- Tap on the Three-dots at the left of the video.
- Press Share.
- In the Add people or groups section, type in the Email of the person you want to share the video with.
- Type in the message and press the Airplane icon(Send button).
Via Google Photos
Google Photos is a photo storage and photo-sharing app. You can use this app to share any large videos on your iPhone. Google Photo also shares the same storage space as Google Drive and has a combined storage limit of 15 GB. Make sure the video you want to share is backed up on Google photos before continuing to the steps.
To share the video via Google Photos, follow the steps below.
- Open the Google Photos app.
- Click on the video you want to share.
- Tap on the Share button.
- Press the Share to option.
- Tap on the Create Link option.
- Press Create link on the dialogue box.
- Now Paste and Share the link in any messaging platform like iMessage, Email, Messenger, etc.