Facebook allows you to connect with other users on the application by sending them a friend request. When the other user accepts your requests, you can view their profile activity according to their privacy settings and vice-versa.
If you’re new to Facebook but are looking forward to connecting with friends, this article is for you. This article discusses the multiple ways you can send friend requests on different devices, so keep reading.
How to Send Friend Requests on Facebook?
You can easily add your friends by sending a Friend request on Facebook. You can send a friend request using any version of Facebook, including iPhone, Android and PC. In this section, we have mentioned ways to look up a user on Facebook to send them a friend request.
You can install Facebook for Android from the PlayStore. If you own an Android, you can send a friend request on Android by following the steps below.
- Open Facebook
- Click on the Search bar or Icon.
- Enter the name of the person.
- Tap on the See results for.
- Scroll down and press on Add Friend.
You can visit the web version of Facebook from your browser for PCs. To send a friend request on PC, follow the instructions below:
- Launch the Facebook website on your PC browser.
- Tap on the search bar, then type in the name of the person.
- The Profile of the searched person can pop up in the Suggestion. Tap on it.
- If you don’t see the person on the suggestion, press the See Results (iPhone) or Search for (PC).
- Press on the Add Friend.
Note: The steps to send a friend request on an iPhone or a PC are identical.
How to Find and Add Friends on Facebook?
On Facebook, your friends may go by a variety of usernames. It could be challenging to locate them by simply searching their name. There are two approaches you can take to find your friends on Facebook.
- Check Friend Suggestions
- Search Via Mutual Friends
Via Suggestions (People You May Know)
Facebook Suggestion typically suggests people who have mutual friends with you or people who have looked your profile up. Facebook also recommends friends based on your location. Additionally, it also suggests your Friends based on the contact number or email saved in your phone. The suggestions section is a great place to locate and add new friends.
Follow the steps below to find Friend’s Suggestions on Facebook on different devices.
You can find the Friends suggestions section by heading to your Facebook profile or using the Android and iPhone search bar.
Here’re the steps you need to follow:
- Launch Facebook
- Hit on the Profile icon.
- Tap on your Profile Name.
- Scroll down, and press Find Friends in the Friends Section.
- You will be redirected to the People You May Know section.
- Scroll down and Add Friend as you see fit.
Alternatively, you can also do it from the Search bar:
- Open Facebook.
- Tap on the Search bar.
- Scroll Down to the People You May Know section.
- Press See all.
- Add Friend as you prefer.
To find friend suggestions on PC, refer to the steps below.
- Open Facebook
- Tap on the Profile icon.
- Press on your Profile Name.
- Click on Friends.
- Tap on the Find Friends option.
- Go to Suggestions.
- Scroll down and Add Friend as per your wish.
Via Mutual Friends Profile
If you are new to Facebook, you may want to connect or add many friends. You may have friends that are already connected to the user you wish to send a friend request. In this case, you can use your friend’s profile to locate the profile of the people you are acquainted with.
Note: The Facebook Friend list is only visible if your friends have made it public. If they have made their friend list private, you can only view the mutual friends.
Refer to the steps below to find friends on facebook via mutual friends profile on iPhone/Android/PC browsers.
- Open Facebook
- Go to the Search bar.
- Search and go to your Friend’s Profile.
- Scroll Down, and press See all Friends.
- Go through their Friend List.
- Press Add Friends to send a friend request to people you know.