We all have that one unknown friend on Facebook that we’d like to remove. Whether it’s someone you accidentally accepted the request of or sent the request to, or maybe just a person you lost touch with over the years, unfriending them is a simple procedure.
When you unfriend a user on Facebook, it removes them from your friends’ list. They can then neither see your posts nor your activities on their feed anymore. But keep in mind that the same goes for you, too; their posts don’t appear on your feed as well.
So, if you’re looking to delete some friends on Facebook, you’ve come to the right place. Listed below are all the possible ways to remove a friend on Facebook without much hassle. So without further ado, let’s get right to it!
How to Delete Friends on Facebook
You can delete a friend on Facebook with only a tap of a button. But it’s not possible to remove multiple friends by selecting them altogether from within the application. You will have to do it one by one. Nonetheless, the process is very simple and easy to follow.
The users are not notified when you unfriend them on Facebook. But they might find it out if they visit your profile. Keep in mind that if you delete some users, you have to send them a request to be friends with them again.
Use the method shown below depending on the device you’re using:
- Open your browser and log in to Facebook.
- Search for the person you’d like to unfriend.
- Click on Friends just below the user’s cover photo to reveal drop-down options.
- Select Unfried to delete this friend.
- Log in on your Facebook application.
- Search for the friend you’d like to delete.
- Click on Friends just below the user’s profile picture to reveal drop-down options.
- Finally, select Unfriend.
And there you have it; unfriending any person on Facebook is this simple. But, if you cannot find the user from the search bar, it probably means that his account is deactivated.
How to Unfriend a User Using Browser Add Ons
A pretty unknown method, you can actually unfriend someone on Facebook directly by using the browser add-on. Add-ons such as Remove Friends on Facebook on Google Chrome are popular and get the job done. However, there are plenty of other add-ons that you can use as well.
The process is mentioned below:
- Download and install an add-on on your browser.
- Activate this add-on by clicking its icon on the address bar.
- Log in with your Facebook email and password.
- Select the friends you’d like to unfriend.
- Click Finish to end the process.
With this method, you can unfriend multiple users at once on Facebook.
How to Unfriend a Deactivated Account
As stated above, a deactivated account doesn’t appear in the search bar. Nor can we view the activities and posts of this account. However, there is still a way to delete this account from your friend’s list. So, follow the steps shown below:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to your Profile page.
- Click on Friends.
- Search for the friend with the deactivated account.
- Click the three dots beside his name.
- Select Unfriend.