You can only delete a business page on Facebook if you are the admin. When you delete your business page, all your page content and messages get removed permanently. Having said that, Facebook won’t delete your page from the system for about two weeks for just in case if you decide to reactivate it.
However, you can back up your page content and information in case you want to save it before deleting your page. You have the option to either transfer a copy or download the content and information of your business page.
Note: In case you are unsure of deleting a page, but don’t want an audience, you could go for a less drastic option of un-publishing the page.
How to Delete Your Business Page on Facebook?
- Launch Facebook.
- Log into your account if you haven’t already.
- Tap on Menu on the bottom right.
- Tap on the Gear icon above your business page name.
- Select the Page Settings option.
- Scroll down to Facebook Page Information and tap on Access and Control.
- Tap on the Deactivation and Deletion option.
- Select Delete Page and tap the Continue button.
- Select your reason for deleting the page and tap Continue again.
- Before you delete your page, go through the Page Deletion page and back up the required information. You have options like “Save post in the archive”, “Download the information”, and “Transfer the Information”.
- For the “save posts in your archive” option, tap on the Go To Activity Log. Manage your posts, interactions, events, group communities, reels, profile information, and so on by either Archiving or Trashing.
- To download your page information, tap on Download Info and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Press the Create File button and wait for the file to get ready.
- To transfer your information, tap the Transfer Info option. Press the Next button and select where you want to transfer your page information.
- Once you are done backing up the content, go back to the Page Deletion page and tap the Continue button at the bottom.
- Enter your Password and tap the Continue button again to confirm the deletion.
- Open Facebook on your PC.
- Log into your account and go to the Home page.
- Click on your Profile icon at the top.
- Click See All Profiles and select the Business Page you want to delete.
- Click the Page icon again.
- Select the Settings & Privacy option and click Settings.
- Click on Privacy and select Facebook Page Information on the left menu.
- Click on the Deactivation and Deletion option.
- Select Delete Page and click the Continue button.
- If you want to download your business page’s content and information, click Download Info beside Download your Information. Select your file option, mention the date range, and content you want to save. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Request a Download button.
- To transfer a copy of your business page information, click on Transfer Info. Select where and what you want to transfer the information and click the Start Transfer option at the end.
- Once you are done backing up the information, click on the Continue option and enter your Password.
- Click the Continue button again.