Reels are usually added to the profile grid automatically. However, if you upload it without using the share-to-feed option, it may not appear in your profile grid. Similarly, you may also not see the video if you have unintentionally deleted it from the profile grid.
When you remove Reels from the grid, new visitors may not see them while scrolling through your profile. This may impact the overall views you receive on your Reels. If you are curious to learn how to add Reel back to the profile grid, continue reading this article.
How to Add Reel Back to Profile Grid?
You have the choice to either manage the reels by enabling the share to profile grid option and put them back on the profile grid, or you can add the reels to the profile grid by first deleting the reel from the grid and then restoring it.
Add Reels to Profile Again
You can manage the location of your Instagram Reels back from the Reels section to your profile grid.
- Open Instagram App.
- Go to your Profile.
- Tap on the Reels section.
- Choose a video you want to add to the profile grid.
- Press the Three-dots icon.
- Tap on Manage.
- Press the Add to profile grid.
Delete Reels and Upload It Again
On Instagram, the Add to profile grid option could not be visible on some phones. If this is the case, deleting and restoring the Reel is a perfect workaround to add it back to the profile grid. Even after deleting and restoring it, you will not lose any views or likes of that particular video.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Press on the Profile icon.
- Go to the Reels section.
- Tap on the video you want to add to the profile grid.
- Tap on the Three-dots.
- Press Delete.
- Tap Delete again to confirm
- Now, go back and press on the Three-line menu.
- Go to Settings.
- On the search bar, type Recently deleted and press the search option.
- Tap on the Video.
- Press on the Three-dots.
- Select the Restore option.
- Tap Restore again.
- Launch Instagram.
- Tap on the Profile icon.
- Visit the Reels section.
- Select the video you’d want to include in the profile grid.
- Select the Three-dots.
- Then hit Delete.
- Press on Delete again
- Go back and choose the Three-line menu.
- Navigate to Settings.
- In the search bar, enter Manage Recently deleted, Tap on the search result.
- Select the video.
- Click the Three-dots.
- Hit the Restore button.
- Hit Restore on the new window.
With this, your Reel will be added to your profile grid.
How to Add a Reel to Profile Grid While Uploading It?
On iPhone, the Reels are automatically added to the profile grid when you upload them. On the other hand, if you are using Android, you need to make sure that the option to Share to feed is toggled on when uploading a video. This will ensure that it is uploaded to the profile grid alongside the Reel section.
When uploading it on Android, follow the instructions below to add it to the profile grid.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Tap on the Plus icon.
- Press on the Reel option.
- Swipe up and select the video you want to upload.
- Press Add.
- Tap on Next.
- Press on Next.
- Make sure the Also share to feed is enabled.
- Press Share.