iPhone has a group text feature that allows you to add multiple people to one group text. You can choose either a group iMessage or a group SMS. Generally, group iMessage is used when all the members use an Apple device while group SMS is better for when both Android and iOS devices are used.
When you add people to a group text, it allows you to send the same message to multiple people at once and save time and effort on your part. You can either add someone to an existing group text or create a new group text altogether.
Add People to an Existing Group Text
When you add someone to an existing group text where everyone uses an Apple device, the person also needs to have an Apple device. You can follow these steps to add them to your group text.
- Go to iMessage.
- Click on your group text.
- Click on the group icon at the top.
- Click on the gray arrow icon (>).
- Click on Add Contact.
- Click on the + and choose the contact or type in the people you want to add.
- Press the Done button.
Creating a New Group Text
You cannot add an Android user to an existing group text with iOS users. You need to create a new group text and add each person. Please note that the message will use SMS/MMS by default when you add both types of users to the group. You can follow these steps to create this group.
- Go to the Messages app.
- Click on the New Message icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter the names of the contacts you wish to add in the To textbox. You can also enter the person’s phone number if they are not saved in your contacts already.
- Enter a message and hit Send.