Adding contacts to your Gmail account can be a convenient and secure way to manage them. If you use the Google ecosystem, you can add your contacts to Gmail easily with Google’s Contacts app.
This is an easy way to organize large contact lists from multiple devices in one location. This can be useful for instantly syncing contact information to your new devices. You can store up to 25,000 contacts and import up to 3000 contacts at the same time.
How to Add Contacts to Gmail?
You can add emails directly from the Gmail app if you’ve exchanged emails with a contact. Futhur, Gmail auto-saves the contact address to its Contact app so that it can suggest next time. This information is saved in a separate section, and you can add them later to the Google Contacts list.
However, if you want to add contacts manually, you can enter details in the Contacts app. It has a pretty simple interface to add contact details such as name, address, contact number, email address and more.
Add Contacts Manually
Manually adding contact details is really simple. You can also have multiple entries if you want to add them in bulk. Follow on to learn this method.
- Open Google Contacts on your browser.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Click on the ➕ Create Contact.
- To add a new contact, choose the Create a contact option. Now enter the contact details and click Save.
- To add multiple contacts, click on Create multiple contacts.
- Type each contact name and email address, followed by the Tab key, in the prompt and click on Create.
We’ll need the Contacts app to add contacts from your android phone so download the app from Play Store. In the case of iPhone and iPad, the Google contacts app isn’t available. However, you can open Google contacts on your browser and follow these steps:
- Open the Google Contacts app.
- Make sure you are signed in with a Gmail Account.
- Tap on ➕ icon.
- Choose the Gmail account and enter your contact details.
- Tap on Save.
Add Email Contacts
You can save contact information directly from the Gmail app if you have sent or received any email. Follow these steps to add their name and email address easily to their Gmail account:
- Open the Gmail website or Gmail app and sign in.
- Open the email whose contact details you want to add.
- Tap or click on their profile icon.
- Click Add to contacts icon in this pop-up.
This information is saved in the Google Contacts app, where you can edit and manage them.
Even if you haven’t added the sender’s information, Gmail automatically keeps a record of all the email addresses you have communicated with. You can find them under Other Contacts on the left side pane on Google Contacts. To add these contacts:
- Hover the cursor over the contacts and click on the check box.
- Click on the drop-down below the search icon and click All to select all contacts.
- Click on Add to contacts icon.
Syncing contacts with Google cannot import contacts saved to your SIM cards. However, Google Contacts has the option to import them. We have discussed them in the next section.