Apple has made it pretty easy to let you charge and check the battery level on your AirPods. You can charge your AirPods by putting them in the case while the case has a charged battery level. While this generally charges it, sometimes it can be pretty difficult to check its battery charging status.
To ensure that your AirPods are charging, you can use your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or even your Mac. This article entails the ways you can ensure that your AirPods are changing.
How Do I Know if My Airpods Are Charging?
The best way to see if your AirPods are charging is to see their status on your iPhone. But there are few alternative ways as well for e.g: using a screen widget or using Today View.
Open the Case Near Your iPhone
The easiest way of checking if your AirPods are charging is by simply opening the AirPods case near your iPhone. Your AirPods should be connected to your iPhone first. To check if they’re charging:
- Keep your AirPods inside your case and open it and hold it near your iPhone.
- The screen will show both the AirPods and the case’s battery level.
- Under the AirPods icon, if you see a black lightning bolt near the battery icon, it means your AirPods are charging.
Check the Light (On AirPods Case)
There is a status light on or inside every AirPod case. There are two possible lights on the case: Green or Amber. Green means it is fully charged whereas Amber indicates less than one full charge remaining. To check if your AirPods are charging:
- Keep your AirPods in the case and keep the lid open.
- If the status light is green, your AirPods are fully charged.
- If the status light is amber, your Airpods are charging.
Note: The light only comes on when you tap the case when it’s on the charging mat.
Via a Lock Screen Widget (On iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch)
If your operating system is iOS version 16 and above, you can check if your AirPods are charging directly on your lock screen. To enable this feature:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Wallpaper.
- To add to your Lock Screen, click on Customize or
- To add to a new Lock Screen, click on +Add New Wallpaper.
- Select a Lock Screen.
- Click on Add Widgets.
- Click on Batteries.
- Drag any one option into the screen just below the clock.
- If the AirPods are charging, a lightning bolt will appear on top of the AirPods icon.
Via the Today View
Today View is a place where iPhone stores its widgets. You can use it to check if your AirPods are charging. To do so:
- Swipe right on your Home Screen. You will find Today View.
- Generally, the Batteries Widget is automatically on the Today View screen.
- If it is not, click on Edit at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the + at the top right.
- Search Batteries and click on it from the options.
- Choose one of the size and information options.
- Click on Add Widget.
- Click on Done at the top right of your screen.
Siri can be helpful in checking to see your AirPods’ battery levels.
- Say “Hey Siri, how much battery do my AirPods have?”
- Siri will respond with how much battery you have left in your AirPods along with the charging status
Via Bluetooth (On Mac)
To check if your AirPods are charging through Bluetooth, your AirPods should first be connected to your Mac via Bluetooth. Connect the AirPods and then follow these steps:
- Open your AirPods case.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar on your Mac.
- In the menu that opens up, take your cursor over your AirPods but do not click.
- There won’t be a lightning bolt, but if the battery percentage increases over time, it means your AirPods are charging.